Cascade Curve Braid
with Victoria Findlay Wolfe
Curved Piecing with Template
July 19-20, 2019
Cost: Public $385/Friend of the Museum $345
Enjoy the curves! – with this eye-popping curved braid pattern. From Victoria's newest book, "Modern Quilt Magic", this class will focus on curved piecing, cutting and pinning for success. Use solids, prints and lights to make a dazzling quilt with interwoven movement and simple, graphic style... or just go Scrap-crazy and use all those great prints in your stash!
Supply list for the class
- Kit fee $15 – Curve Braid template (or order online at vfwquilts.com) *note: If you have the
template already and are pre-cutting some pieces, please be sure to mark the notches with a
pencil on the wrong side of your fabric. Place writing on the template along fabric grainline,
unless the print is directional, then line up the print with the pointed straight edge of the template.
- Book: Modern Quilt Magic, by Victoria Findlay Wolfe
- FABRICS: fat quarters or scraps at least 7"x11" work great for these pieces. **note: This quilt also looks amazing in a mixture of scrappy fabrics without the dark to light gradation.
- Sewing machine, cord, and foot pedal
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting mat: at least 18” x 24”
- Acrylic ruler – 6"x 24" (or similar size) recommended
- Pencil (or other marking tool with a sharp point)
- All your basic sewing equipment
- Design wall: Cotton batting to lay out your design, and to carry it home in (approximately twin
- Roll of Painter's tape to hang your batting
For more information and registration information, contact Becky Glasby, Director of Education at 270-442-8856.
Tuition is $385 for for Non Friends and $345 for Friends of the Museum.
Become a Friend of the Museum for $40 and receive $40 off your tuition!
It's a great way to support quilting, receive a 20% discount in the gift shop, get insider information and be able to visit The National Quilt Museum for free as much as you like during the year. Nothing to lose and everything to gain! Click here to become a friend, then come back and register for your workshop!