THE PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION OF APPRAISERS OF QUILTED TEXTILES (PAAQT) PRESENTS:
2019 CHALLENGE: JOY IN THE MORNING!
This is the second annual Challenge sponsored by the PAAQT benefitting the National Quilt Museum. Last year the PAAQT Challenge was by invitation only but this year we are opening it up to any and all who may desire to participate! This year’s theme is “Joy in the Morning.” Open to your interpretation. No particular method or technique will be specified.
This Challenge is unique as your quilt (if chosen) will debut at 2019 spring Paducah and will travel to AQS shows throughout 2019 and will consequently be auctioned at the spring 2020 Paducah Quiltweek during the National Quilt Museum’s live and online auction. You will receive a great deal of exposure in having your quilt exhibited at all AQS shows for that calendar year.
Won’t you join us in supporting the National Quilt Museum and its mission? The rules will follow below as well as how to enter!
Further questions and for application forms direct correspondence to:
Donna L. Kooistra
Subject line: PAAQT Challenge 2019
Rules of the Challenge
- Entries must be 36” x 36”: this measurement is per side. Three dimensional quilts are too difficult to ship to many venues.
- Entries must reflect the theme of “Joy in the Morning”.
- Digital quilt photos must be submitted by January 10, 2019 to: Donna L. Kooistra, email to: [email protected] There must be two photos: one full photo of the completed quilt including borders, and one close up detail photo of an area within the quilt.
- Entries will be juried in January and participants will be selected and notified by February 1, 2019.
- Entrants will sign an agreement indicating understanding that the quilts will be auctioned to support the National Quilt Museum, and as such, will not be returned to the maker.
- Further dates and shipping instructions will be sent for those quilts juried into the Challenge.