NOW HIRING – National Quilt Museum
Staff Curator Position
The National Quilt Museum is a destination art museum that sees visitors annually from over 40 countries around the globe. A mission-driven organization, the museum works to introduce the world to the art of today’s quilting community.
We are looking to hire a Staff Curator. This person will play a key role in creating and maintain the gallery/exhibit experience of the museum. Duties include, but are not limited to, exhibit installation and maintenance, procuring temporary exhibits for the museum, managing the museum’s existing collection, and managing the logistics of the museum’s traveling exhibits. In addition, qualified person must be willing to work with every department in the museum to achieve mutual goals.
Applicants Must Have:
- Experience working in a museum atmosphere.
- Experience changing exhibits in a quilt or other art museum or gallery setting.
- Experience working with third party vendors and partner to achieve project goals
- Very good organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- Degree in a Museum Sciences related field.
- Professional presentation skills.
Interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements if applicable. The subject should read “Curator Position”.
Position is currently available.