City Skylines Workshop
with Shannon Brinkley
August 11-12, 2017 (a 2 day class)
Cost: Public $330/Friend of the Museum $290
- This class is perfect for beginner quilters as well as more advanced students interested in learning this raw-edge applique technique.
- Students will learn Shannon Brinkley’s simple and fun raw-edge applique technique, Scrappy Applique, basic free motion quilting, and how to master the satin stitch!
- Students will take away the finished or nearly finished skyline quilt top!
- Students will be able to choose from over 80 different city skylines
- Students will have a blast choosing beautiful fabric that, once collaged together, will create a really striking and modern look.
Shannon Brinkley is a quilt / fabric designer, author, and national speaker and teacher based in Austin, Texas.
Shannon has always been drawn to any craft involving textiles. As a young girl, she explored weaving, embroidery, knitting, garment sewing, among others, and began quilting in college, where she fell completely in love with the craft. Inspired by her love of fabric and the texture, Shannon wrote the book Scrappy Bits Applique, where she teaches how to turn scraps of fabric into gorgeous, modern art quilts by collaging a variety of fabrics, vintage and new, with different colors, tones, and patterns to create really interesting and unique textures.
A former elementary teacher, teaching remains a huge passion of Shannon's, and she speaks and teaches her modern quilting techniques all across the US.
For more information and registration information, contact Becky Glasby, Director of Education at 270-442-8856.
Tuition is $385 for for Non Friends and $345 for Friends of the Museum.
Become a Friend of the Museum for $40 and receive $40 off your tuition!
It's a great way to support quilting, receive a 20% discount in the gift shop, get insider information and be able to visit The National Quilt Museum for free as much as you like during the year. Nothing to lose and everything to gain! Click on the "Become A Friend" button to become a friend, then come back and register for your workshop!