Adult ScholarshipsTo assist the many quilters who travel to attend workshops at The National Quilt Museum, scholarships are given twice a year.The Shannon-Ross Scholarship Endowment Fund gives an opportunity for the advanced to professional quilter to strengthen their abilities.The Patricia J. Morris Educational Fund aids the progression of the beginner to intermediate quilter. Applicants must only apply for the scholarship that most closely fits their status.The Shannon-Ross Scholarship was established in 1993 through a generous donation from Jonathan Shannon and Jeffrey Ross. It was further developed by contributions from Bill and Meredith Schroeder and others, to encourage quilt makers to develop their skills and talents through study with the best teachers in the quiltmaking field.The Patricia J. Morris Scholarship Fund was established in 2003 in memory of Patricia J. Morris, to encourage quiltmakers to develop their skills and talents through study with the best teachers in the quiltmaking field. Scholarships will be given to individuals demonstrating financial need and an eagerness to explore the medium in order to develop those skills necessary to this art, both technical and aesthetic.
Application ProcessIf you would like to be considered for a scholarship, please write a letter of application, providing the following information: your name, address, daytime phone number and an explanation of why you feel you should be granted a scholarship. This should include:
- Why you are eager to study in a workshop at the National Quilt Museum
- What experience and inexperience you bring to a workshop
- A statement of your commitment to developing your knowledge/skills
- The level of your need for financial assistance in order to study at The National Quilt Museum
- Any other information that would support your application
- Please limit your application to two typewritten pages Also include a selection of 5-10 photos or slides of your work and a self-addressed envelope with the appropriate postage if you would like these visuals returned.
Please address your letter: Scholarship Chair The National Quilt Museum P.O. Box 1540 Paducah, KY 42002-1540